I have seen some people posting that the Glock 45 is just a black 19X. But that is not really true. There are a number of differences between them that make such a comment somewhat silly. I have compiled a list of differences that I have noticed and included them below. Let me know if you notice any others. Known differences are:
- Gen 5 G45 has a flared mag well, G19X doesn’t. This also results in the G45 being slightly (1mm) wider.
- G19X has the overbite at the bottom of the front strap. G45 doesn’t.
- G19X has the nPVD slide finish, 45 has the standard Gen 5 nDLC finish.
- G19X is coyote (NOT FDE), G45 is available in black, FDE, BFG, and gray.
- G19X uses maritime spring cups, G45 uses normal spring cups (although they’re both interchangeable).
- G19X won’t take “Gen 5” mags unless you swap the floor plates. G45 will. I put quotes around “Gen 5” because mags aren’t really generational like the pistols are. There have been more than 20 versions of mags just for the G17.
- G19X has a removable lanyard loop, G45 doesn’t (although Glock does make a black lanyard loop).
- Current production Gen 5 G45 has front serrations, G19X doesn’t.
- G19X comes with 2×19 round mags and 1×17 round mag (although you can add ‘+’ floor plate, which is Glock part #7151, and insert, which is part #7165 to 17 round mags to make them 19 round. Also would require the #33601 11 coil mag spring). G45 comes with 3x G17 mags.
- G19X doesn’t have the newer breech cut that the newer Gen 5 pistols like the G45 have (which aids in ejection)
- G45 is available in MOS (in black, FDE and gray), 19X isn’t
- G45 is available with factory threaded barrel in black, gray, and FDE – all come with suppressor sights – some Ameriglo. (There was a very limited run of 389 Glock 19X pistols with threaded barrels for a special contract, but only 8 are in private hands, including the one I own.) 45 is also available in MOS with threaded barrel in FDE.
- Both are available in 9×19 and 9×21.
- The 19X is available in the SL version, which comes from the factory with a color matching Streamlight TLR7A light that has the Glock logo on the bottom. 45 is not.
- The 45 is available to military and law enforcement in the MOS3 (DPP), MOS5 (RMR), MOS6 (Holosun), and MOS7 (Acro P-2) direct mill variations. I don’t believe the 19X is available in any of those variations.
In reality, the G45 has far more in common with a Gen 5 G19 or G17 than it does with the G19X